OmegaCon Code of Conduct
OmegaCon is a fun, family-friendly gathering where people of all ages can enjoy many different types of gaming as well as cosplay and anime. Because we strive to provide the best experience for everyone involved, we ask that you please observe our rules and regulations, which are put in place to ensure the safety and enjoyment of OmegaCon attendees and staff.
As a rule of thumb, convention areas are suitable for the whole family, unless otherwise marked for adult audiences only. These areas will be monitored by OmegaCon staff to ensure that access is not permitted to minors.
Attendance by Minors
As we have earlier stated, minors are welcome and highly encouraged to attend OmegaCon, but there are a few rules that apply specifically to them.
- Minors must be accompanied at all times by a parent or legal guardian unless they present a signed and notarized consent form, which can be found here.
- It must be noted that even with this consent form, minors will still be prohibited from attending adult events.
- OmegaCon is not responsible for the actions or care of any minor in attendance.
- In the event that a minor is found without a consent form or guardian, they will be turned over to the local authorities.
Please keep an eye on your children at all times, as there will be no convention-wide paging system with which to reach them. It’s a good idea to make sure your child has contact information by which to reach you, or a designated meeting spot within the convention area in the event that they do become lost. Lost children should be reported to the OmegaCon security staff, who will assist in the search as well as notify local authorities.
While we strive to maintain a family-friendly gathering, some of our events may be deemed unsuitable for individuals under the age of 18.
- These events at OmegaCon will be clearly marked as 18+
- Those wishing to attend these events must be wearing the appropriate 18+ wristband
- Staff will not check IDs at the entrances of events, so please do not lose this wrist band.
With this being said, we feel it necessary to state that while some areas such as the Console Room and Main Events are intended for all ages, some game and performance content may not be suitable for children, and OmegaCon cannot be held responsible for the incidental viewing of this content by those under age.
OmegaCon will be host to many fun and entertaining gaming experiences, to which you may wish to bring your computers, handheld consoles, card boxes, and other items. Please take note that the safety and security of these items is your responsibility.
- OmegaCon reserves the right to check all items entering and exiting any and all convention areas. These include but are not limited to:
- Laptop cases
- Card boxes
- Miniature game carriers
- Large bags, coats or jackets will not be permitted in the video game or LAN rooms.
- All personal consoles, games and gaming equipment can be tagged with your information, and will be checked in and out upon entering and leaving video game and LAN rooms.
- OmegaCon will not provide security casing for personal consoles or equipment, so if added security is a concern for you, please bring your own.
- OmegaCon will provide many systems and titles for you to enjoy, but we encourage you to bring your own to share.
- OmegaCon is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items or equipment.
- OmegaCon is not responsible for the spread of any malware or other damage originating from attendees’ computers or other devices.
- OmegaCon reserves the right to remove any suspicious equipment if there is belief that it threatens the safety of other equipment.
Due to the high attendance of tournaments and other gaming gatherings, please do not leave your personal items or gaming equipment unattended.
Prop weapons can bring intrigue and authenticity to many cosplay costumes, but the safety of OmegaCon members and staff should always be the first and foremost consideration.
- Prop weapons are welcome, but must be checked by staff upon arrival.
- If you plan on creating your own prop weapons, keep in mind the safety of attendees in ensuring they will not trip or snag others, or block doorways and hallways.
- Prop weapons crafted with wood, metal, sharp corners, metal rods, or any component that could be dangerous to others will not be permitted.
- Props should be limited to less than 6’ with chains components less than 3’ regardless of material.
- No real weapons or any items that could be mistaken for real weapons will be permitted out in the open or concealed at any time in the convention areas, regardless of concealed permits.
- OmegaCon staff members have a right to deny entry to rooms or events to any attendee carrying a boxed weapon purchased from a weapons dealer at our convention, and may ask you to secure your wares before being permitted entry. If you do not comply with their request, you may be asked to leave and deposit the package in your hotel room or some other secure area off convention premises.
- No projectiles of any kind will be permitted.
- No explosives, chemicals, or otherwise hazardous materials of any kind will be permitted.
- If any prop is wielded in a threatening manner it will be considered a weapon, and necessary measures will be taken by OmegaCon staff to ensure the safety of its attendees.
- Just because a staff member has not stopped you to check your prop does not mean it is allowed. Please check with staff members if there are any questions.
Feelin’ the beat? Show us your moves! Just remember:
- Only OmegaCon attendees will be allowed into the dance.
- OmegaCon is not responsible for any bags or personal items inside the dance.
- No large props will be permitted.
- Factory-sealed and empty containers only will be permitted.
- No glass containers of any kind.
- Be mindful of other dancers, especially if you plan to use glow sticks.
- Drink lots of water!
Sales of Merchandise
OmegaCon hopes to house many different kinds of vendors who offer many various types of merchandise. If you have any interest in vending at our convention you can find our application here.
- Any sale of merchandise must be conducted in the Vendor Hall only.
- Anyone wishing to sell merchandise must be pre-approved by the OmegaCon Director of Vending.
- The sale of merchandise out of a hotel room or in any area that is not approved by OmegaCon is considered illegal solicitation, and may be grounds for removal from the convention without refund of any fees.
Personal Conduct in Convention Venue and in Surrounding Public Areas
The IX Art Park is unique and creative space with many fun and exciting things to offer. In the event that the venue is hosting other gatherings the same weekend as OmegaCon, we would like our members to be mindful of patrons who might be enjoying these events, and who may not be affiliated with our convention. Please also be mindful of noise levels when outside the convention area in respect to the residential zones surrounding the venue.
- There will be no smoking permitted in any convention areas unless otherwise marked.
- When smoking outside, please maintain a respectful distance from any entrances or exits, and dispose of cigarette butts in the proper receptacles.
- Please maintain a noise level appropriate for the time and place
- No sleeping in the convention areas. Convention areas may not be used as a replacement for a hotel room.
Mistreatment of Equipment
We at OmegaCon understand the frustration of a tournament or game match gone poorly. However, this is not an excuse to mistreat the equipment intended for the use and enjoyment of all attendees.
- Those seen using OmegaCon equipment in ways they are not intended to be used will be issued ONE warning.
- In the event that damage is done to the equipment through misuse by an attendee, and that misuse is witnessed by a staff member or another attendee, the misuser will be held responsible for the repair or replacement of the damaged equipment.
Think before you throw.
OmegaCon hopes to bring together people with many similar interests to take part in our fun social events. With so many unique individuals, sometimes personalities clash. In the event that a dispute arises, we encourage attendees to exercise civility and common sense.
- Harassment of any kind, including but not limited to: physical assault, sexual assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, or unwelcome physical attentions, will not be tolerated.
- If harassment continues, you may have your badge revoked and be removed from the premises.
- OmegaCon will not mediate disputes between attendees. The individuals involved are responsible for the resolution of all interpersonal disputes.
- If harassment continues despite efforts to resolve a dispute, please report the individual to OmegaCon Security, and they will ensure that appropriate actions are taken.
- Trying to have an attendee kicked out through false accusations is also considered harassment, and will be dealt with accordingly.
We encourage our attendees to have fun in a safe and healthy manner.
- The sale of any controlled or illegal substances at OmegaCon is prohibited. Any individual found to be distributing such substances will be removed and reported to the local authorities.
- The consumption of alcohol is limited to designated areas in the convention center.
- Providing alcohol to persons under the age of 21 is considered a felony. Anyone knowingly or unknowingly providing or assisting in the providing of alcohol to these persons will be turned over to the local authorities.
- In the event of hotel room parties, it is the sole responsibility of the persons providing alcohol to ensure that everyone in attendance is over the age of 21, regardless of age indicating wrist bands.
- The consumption of alcohol under the age of 21 is considered a Class 1 misdemeanor, and may be harshly penalized.
- All rules and regulations will be strictly enforced by OmegaCon security staff, who will be clearly marked as such.
- No attendees will be permitted access to areas marked as restricted to OmegaCon or venue staff only without being accompanied by a staff member.
- By registering to attend OmegaCon, you agree to comply with all instructions given by OmegaCon staff. If you have issues with any actions taken by a staff member, you can take the matter up with OmegaCon’s Head of Security, or one of the convention heads themselves.
- You also agree to follow all policies listed here, as well as those of the venue.
- All incidents occurring in hotel guests rooms are the sole responsibility of the individual renting the room. This includes payment for all intentional or unintentional damages.
- OmegaCon reserves the right to change any of its policies at any time without prior notification, and it is the responsibility of the individual to stay informed on these policies.
- All Applicable Local, State, and Federal Laws Must Be Obeyed While in Attendance at OmegaCon