- Reimbursement after 16hrs worked (four 4hr shifts).
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided for volunteers who work during those times (must coincide with shifts allotted).
We ask that all our volunteers attend the volunteer seminar prior to the convention if able.
- The volunteer seminar will be held Saturday Sept 16, 2017 (time and location to be announced — you will be contacted by the e-mail you provide).
- Schedules are disbursed on a first-come- first-serve basis.
- If you attend the seminar, you will have the luxury of hand-picking your volunteer schedule to suit your personal needs.
- If you do not attend the seminar, your schedule will be chosen for you, and e-mailed to the e-mail address you have been provided.
- In the event that all of the time slots fill up, you will be notified via e-mail of the declination of your application.
- Application does not guarantee acceptance.
By signing up to volunteer at OmegaCon you are agreeing to the following attendance policies:
- You are required to show up for all of the time slots you are assigned.
- If you do not complete all shifts you are assigned, you will not be reimbursed for your badge.Schedules for volunteers will be locked in a week prior to the convention. Changes will not be accepted after Friday September 22, 2017 except in the event of an emergency.
- In the event that an emergency arises, please contact the Director of Staff to notify us of your absence.
- In the event of non-emergency absences, you are required to switch shifts with another volunteer, and must notify the Director of Staff, as well as the Director of the department for which you are volunteering during that shift.
- If you show up more than 10 minutes late for two shifts, regardless of notification, you will be replaced, and will lose volunteer perks.
OmegaCon is a team-oriented event, and as such internal gossip can negatively impact the image and enjoyment of the convention environment — especially when perceived by attendees and non-staff. In the event that a concern arises about people, processes, etc., please contact one of three people and allow us to handle it internally.
- Event Director (Cary Rusk)
- Freelance Interdepartmental Resource Education Director (Jess Dubuque)
- Chairman of OmegaCon (Shane Borrelli)
Please keep these issues out of public forums, and allow us to maintain a professional image. Behavior – By signing up to volunteer at OmegaCon, you understand that your actions and behavior represents OmegaCon and its affiliates.
- Staff members are expected to treat attendees and fellow staff members with respect regardless of personal views or opinions.
- Any behavior brought to our attention by attendees or staff members will be addressed.
- Instances will be dealt with on a case by case basis, and depending on the severity may include removal of volunteer benefits, dismissal from convention, or a permanent ban from any future OmegaCon events.
Behaviors that could result in actions taken against you as a volunteer include, but are not
limited to the following:
- Use of profanity or offensive terms in the presence of OmegaCon attendees.
- Rowdiness or horseplay that disrupts con events, attendees, or staff.
- Consumption of alcohol during volunteer hours, or within a timeframe that may affect your volunteer hours.
- Consumption of illegal substances.
- Physical contact with any attendee or staff member without their permission.
- Verbal and/or physical harassment of any attendee or staff member.
- Any action that does not comply with Virginia State Laws.
If you are deemed unable to perform your role as a volunteer at OmegaCon due to the consumption of alcohol or illegal substances, you will be dismissed for the amount of time deemed appropriate for the circumstance.
If you are dismissed from OmegaCon for any reason, and you are not able to complete your volunteer hours, you forfeit the right to any volunteer perks.
- To qualify for reimbursement you will be required to present a shift form signed off by the department head for whom you are volunteering for each shift worked.
- These forms will be due by the end of your last shift.
- Reimbursements will be handled at the close of the convention.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your shift forms are turned in and that your reimbursement is collected.
- If you are unable to be present at the close of the convention, it is your responsibility to make other arrangements.
- After October 1, 2017 if you have not collected your reimbursement, and have not made other arrangements to do so, you forfeit this volunteer perk.
Please note: You must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer at OmegaCon.
OmegaCon reserves the right to reject volunteer applications for any reason.